Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Life Continues!



When I first began writing my life’s history, it was never intended to be an auto-biography. What initially prompted this journey was the need for me to record an event in my life that totally changed the lives of me and my family forever.

I had a need to write about what took place back in 1969 and 1970. Over the years I began noticing that I was having a problem remembering all the ugly facts. I knew that if I didn’t start recording the event soon, I would have forgotten more than I remembered. I had to begin writing about it before it was too late.

After twenty-two years, I finally decided that the only way I could write about that event, was with the use of a computer. I’d never used one before, but I soon learned enough to write about the “Last two years of my military career”. Those thirty-five pages took me 5 years to write; and then it was only a rough draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment